This lesson is being piloted (Beta version)
A 1/2 day tutorial for creating publication ready scientific reports and presentations with Jupyter notebooks
Combining features of the Jupyter Notebook, WYSIWYG editors and the Latex document preparation system, to provide a workflow for:
- Dynamic editing and visualisation of key document components (text, math, figures, tables, references, citations, etc).
- Combine document elements with dynamic (and reproducible) data exploration, analysis and visualisation.
- Supply meta formatting for document and code elements for precise control over the final document layout and typesetting.
- Output the same source document to different layouts and formats (pdf, html, presentation slides, etc).
VM Virtual Box Manager supporting 64-bits VM images
Some knowledge of python programming language as well as LaTeX are required for the
Follow setup for more information on how to prepare your laptop for the
||Download files required for the lesson
What is jupyterlab?
How to use jupyterlab?
How to start and run simple python jupyter notebooks?
2. JupyterLab git extension
How to use JupyterLab git extension?
How to manage your research project with JupyterLab?
3. Live editing of LaTeX documents
How to use JupyterLab LaTeX extension?
How to compile LaTeX documents within JupyterLab?
How to generate LaTeX documents from jupyter notebooks?
4. Share and Publish Jupyter notebooks
How to use mybinder?
How to make your github repository citable with zenodo?
The actual schedule may vary slightly depending on the topics and exercises chosen by the instructor.