- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Ecole normale supérieure, Lyon (France), 1993
- Diplôme d’Etudes Approfondies (ISCED 6) in Meteorology and atmospheric water cycle, University Blaise-Pascal, Clermont-Ferrand (France), 1994
- Ph.D in Atmospheric Physics, University Blaise-Pascal, Clermont-Ferrand (France), 1997
- 2013-present: Research Software Engineer
- Programming, visualizing and managing large data sets
- Supporting researchers’ and students’ use of supercomputing resources
- Optimizing large numerical models and applications
- 2005-2013: Senior Analyst
- Responsible of the Observational DataBase (ODB) software, a parallel database used at ECMWF, UK Metoffice, Australian Bureau of Meteorology, Meteo-France, HIRLAM (HIgh Resolution Limited Area Model) and ALADIN communities (more than 16 countries).
- Duties included: Architect, developer and User support
- 2001-2005: Research Engineer
- Assist users to fully take advantage of IDRIS (Institut du Dévelopement et des Ressources en Informatique Scientifique) computing facilities (porting, optimisation and parallelisation of user codes);
- Participation to EU projects such as DEISA (Distributed European Infrastructure for Supercomputing Applications);
- Teaching (Fortran, MPI, complexity, theory of languages) both at IDRIS and University.
- 1999-2001: Researcher
- Design of the architecture of the Intelligent Transport System in France;
- Development of a real time software to control (speed/direction) an automated vehicle prototype.
- 1998-1999: Research Engineer
- Design and development of PALM (Projet d’Assimilation par Logiciel Multi-Méthodes) software (C/F90, MPI-2). PALM is a generalized coupler which ensures the correct link and synchronization of the software components of the data assimilation suite and which handles the algebra of the problem.
- 1997-1998: Non-tenure staff in the Physics Department
- Lectures in mathematics and fluid mechanics (master’s level),
- research on assimilation of satellite data in a regional atmospheric meso-scale model.
- Data analysis
- Machine learning
- High-Performance Computing
- GEO4060: Fortran 2003: course material
- GEO4962: The General Circulation of the Atmosphere: material for the practicals
- GEO4990/9990: The Earth System: Course material
- DEEP Norwegian Research School for Dynamics and Evolution of Earth and Planets
Training and Certification
- FAIR data stewardship: Supporting FAIR data interoperability
- Open Leadership Training Series: Best Practices Working Open